Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Warwick Volunteer Exec Training

Posted in
It's quite a story how I managed to get the exec position in Warwick Volunteer, but i am not complaining! I am now Fundraising and Development Officer / Project Leader in Warwick Volunteer, which is like one of, if not the only society with staff working full time in it. And it is huge too, with appoximately 2000 members. (hidung tinggi now)

Anyway, was surprised to get the position given my crappy manifesto, and even more surprised when we were offered to go on exec training at Peak Districk in Derbyshire. To be honest I was a bit put off by the fact that I did not know anyone beforehand, but now that I am back home from the training, i am glad that i did go. Afterall, to frame it more precisely, it was a 'awesome holiday at a wonderful place, with EVERYTHING paid for!'

Sladen Lodge was completely ours for the weekend. The kitchen was stacked full of food and snacks that I just need to grab and open to eat, the scene was wonderful, the activities was well planned and organised, we even had a massive trampoline to jump off the calories we accumulated with all the food! At one point we even begin to wonder what do they expect out of us in return. By the end of the course, we finally saw the massive amount of work we were expected to do in the coming year, and if you remember what my post title is, yes, I am supposed to find funds for next year's activity, including the next exec's 'holiday away'!

Anyway, have been reading a few blogs recently, seeing how many long-term relationships are breaking apart, i begin to think when will some of us 'settle down for good', or will any of us decide to go 'against the flow' and remain bujang. 'Oh dear', such an interesting thought!

4 Gossips:

Wei-I said...

wala.. it'll be so canggih in ur resume! Hahaa.. Congrats girl!! =D

从心出发 said...

WOWW!!! Cool!!!!
the coming year will be challenging...!!!!!
u can do it !!!

~HeXin~ said...

ngek ngek ngek.
to be honest its not really hard to get the position. m kinda lucky. anyway, its great fun! hope to see you guys soon! duno if there will be enough people for gathering.
:P

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! wedding dress with sleeves�� buy louboutin shoes. Vintage Wedding Dresses