Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Mum's visit

Posted in
No it's not 'auntie's visit' or anything along the line, my mum actually visited me in UK, with my dad and gran.

It was kind of a surprise to me since they have been talking about coming to the UK for the last TWENTY years and I would have thought it's another 'sudden urge' which wil dissicipate as soon as it surfaced. But no, the next thing I know, I spent the next 2 weeks picking up their calls from Malaysia to answer questions like, 'what's the weather like in the next 2 weeks (even BBC only gives weather forecast for the next 5 days -MAX-), which are good hotels in Paris (imagine being asked that question about Kuching, or Kota Kinabalu, or Segamat, or just anywhere you have never been before)

No matter how much i grumble, I still can't describe fully how excited I was when I realised they were already on the plane here. For a week before they arrive, I was up on quiet area in the library among all other over-eager-to-do-well-in-exams / doing-last-minute-cramming students trying to do some revision so i have a valid reason to take a break and go to sheffield (my mum brother's place). Oh, and have you ever realised how quiet and SCArieeeee library is at night? Walking in between the rows of books with most lights off feels like I am lead acting in some horror movies.

Anyway, their visit was great, not just because I can have good food and not having to cook and work on trying to make the chicken taste like chicken, but also because I can finally feel that my 2 seemingly unrelated worlds in Msia and UK connects, which is good cause one world have always seem to disappear whenever the other one emerge. =)

0 Gossips: