Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

VDAY and CNY

Posted in
Clockwise from top right: Me with presents from KL ; KL posing with the pressie I gave him ; Us at his house ; and a rose! Don't be fooled though, it's from Kam Hei. I seriously thought KL would give me flowers since he had been hinting for days beforehand, so I didn't think twice when Shin Yi said she wanted that rose. End up I gave her the ONE and ONLY flower I got for the day!

Happie Chinese New Year to all! I had a steamboat dinner with my family on CNY eve, and our family performed some chinese ritual that night. Then we dressed up in our new clothes and recieved our first AngPow from out parents for this year!

Thanks to Beatrice and the twins, 5sc1 had another round of house to house visitation this year. It's rather successful as 17 people turned up (of course! As it involves getting angpow's! haha). We went to nine houses and had our dinner at Connaught's Eat All You Can Steamboat. Well, it's human's nature to be greedy right? Look at the guy's table and you will know for sure. They stacked up food enough to feed a whole village of starving people and ended up trying to force down the leftovers until Beatrice (their saviour!!) told them that they can put back the food. Haha.

This could be my last CNY celebrated with my friends and family in four years time as there won't be holidays for CNY in UK. In the attempt to enjoy it to the fullest, I am now down with sorethroat, flu, and also an extra 2kg under my belt. *Groan.

1 Gossips:

Anonymous said...

Haha, i am having sorethroat and flu as well.... Of course i oso gained some weight, cant believe i actly gain WEIGHT despite all the mountains climbing, duh. It also waste my effort of trying to lose weight before the chinese new year, lol.