Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Off to AuStraliA

Posted in
Going to Shim Hwa's farewell party ( actually, it's just a pay your own yam cha gathering) has totally change my perspective of my going to UK this coming september. Or mayb it's because KamHei keep on repeating that he's starting to feel "it" coming. Whatever it is, a week ago I was still thinking, oh... how's the weather in UK? Where is the location of the unis I applied to? WHAT Uni did i apply by the way??? And now I am starting to wonder what I should pack in my luggages to be brought over.

Alright, maybe it's still early. Maybe it's pathetic to think about it before i even get my grades. But you won't know what you have missed until you started working on it right? Anyway, Shimhwa's departure tonight is making things more realistic. Right before he went off, KamHei and I went over to his house to just wish him luck. For someone who's leaving his family for the first time to be going off into a place foreign to him, he's unbelievably calm. Except for the 3 extra heavy luggage (still open and only 80% packed), nothing gives away that the "Ah Chai" of the family is leaving in a couple of hours.

After chatting with him, we realise that we too have to get those luggages that are about my weight for there really is many things to pack. Clothes aside, we need a multipurpose cooker, testpad and stationaries (in case we couldn't get any before the commencement of semester), iron (for clothes), medicine, can opener, basin, hanger (???), adapter... the list goes on. I can't imagine what would happen if i were lost somewhere in Manchester with nothing but those chapalangs.

Okay okay.... back to reality. I still have to finish my math work or else i might not even get the chance to worry about what I should bring.

2 Gossips:

Anonymous said...

Haha, the weather in Uk now is SUPER COLD, my cousin who juz went back to London, said that she is one of those most wrapped-up person on the street, lol...
Heyya, bring along laptop and digital camera as well, so that u can take photos of your life in Uk and put it on the blog to let us see. By the time u went over there, remember to blog whenever u can to keep us update ya. =p

~HeXin~ said...

haha...
i would definately bring the two "essentials" that u have mentioned. (plus a webcam too).
i think september wouldn't be as cold as now right? cause it's autumn or something. Omg, i would be the only one there not knowing when is which season. haha...