Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Reviving the past and anticipating the future

Posted in
Year 2006, to me, was an eventful one; I’ve made friends, found new experience, had some heart-wrenching life lessons, laughed, cried, and grew up (or at least, in size)
Skip this part if you must, cause I would be faithfully listing down what happened to me for the last entire year, boring you readers to death.

At the beginning of the year, I began a whole new phase of my life in Taylor’s College, now known as Taylor’s University College, uh, like it makes a difference to us students. Growing up in a Chinese speaking family and having studied my entire secondary-school syllabus in Malay for 5 years, you can imagine my anxiety when I first step foot in the highschool-like building.

I could still vividly recall the first few days in my college, which I spent switching around classes (/colleges) and struggling among options of pursuing bio-science or business. Two weeks later, I finally settled down in PB2, opting for accountancy. Months later, it’s my moment of getting my SPM results and of course, preparing for the JPA interview. My SPM results was not I expected but no, I really don’t want to talk about how did my JPA interview ended. Well, guess it’s rather obvious, as I am still here in miserable Malaysia, not battling with the cold somewhere In Europe or tackling food-poisoning in India.

Around mid-year, just like its precedents, everything in my life went down the drain, or maybe it was just my mood that fell into the pit. I felt alienated among my friends, I met transport problems to college, I received my dreadful results from college admin, I faced never-ending quarrelling and breakup sessions with my boyfriend, and I pondered on all the what-if’s. Why, it seems just alike my year 2005!

Certainly, a year wouldn’t be complete without its joyous moments. Did I mention I started my blog this year around March? Haha, that’s something worth celebrating. And not to forget all the surprise party (gathering in disguise) that I had with my fellow 5sc1 member. Thanks again for that fabulous moment that would rot with me in my grave (whoa, what am I talking about?).

Though I am regretting it now, I dropped business studies. With all the free slots in my timetable, I began skipping classes, (I’d never went to the extra-classes that Ms Jean conducted, which explains why my Econs sucks) just to rush home to either go hang out with Pig or sleep. I shun thinking what would appear on my results slip when it’s disclosed.

Anyway, life began to get busy when the year’s nearing its end. I attended a toastmaster’s talk, which was an eye-opener to me, rushed around to complete my UCAS personal statement, searched on the net for Uni’s to apply for and also went to the first 2 concerts in my life! And I’ve got the complimentary tickets for both! right after the semester 2 ended, I went into HLG securities and worked (learned) for 2 weeks, which was a whole new experience to me. I had learned to appreciate student life more and grumble less about homework and exams! Then it’s Christmas and suddenly the year is over. The countdown trip at Genting was cooler than at Bukit Bintang, and I mean literally. Eventhough I had just been there one month ago with Pig, it’s still pretty refreshing and I had a tremendous time celebrating and welcoming 2007.

Happie New Year everyone! With a chance to go to UK to further my studies, I am hoping real hard I have the courage to move on without any regrets, and hopefully this would be a fruitful year for me… And of course, to any of you reading this blog, all the best!

3 Gossips:

从心出发 said...

hey, goin UK soon? when?
keep in touch ya! all the best to u in 2007~ Jia YOU~~~

Yee Rui said...

hey....u finished ur A level studies already?
do inform us when r u leaving for UK..n which part ru heading to there...k?
i wish u a very good yr ahead n lots of sweet memories to come~ cheers:D lots of love.

~HeXin~ said...

Hi...
I have applied to (Manchester, Bristol, LSE, warwick and a few other UNIs in UK but still waiting for their decision to accept of reject. I havent finish my A levels. Just receive my AS results and preparing for A2 final exam.

Thanks for all yoru support. WIll jia you de leh.. hehe.