Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Of Graphs And Madness

Posted in
I am so pissed off by my economics lecturer that I couldn’t help but blog about it here. Yesterday, she taught us some graphs, as usual, it’s actually a quite simple graph (revenue and cost curves for price discrimination), but she manage to make it sound extra complicated that no-one really gets what she meant, again, as usual.

Well, what’s worse is, after she let us go early to prepare for the Tony Fernandes’s talk, some of my friends circle around her and ask her a few questions about the graph. So, out of curiosity, I joined them. I began to understand what they are arguing with her, so I joined in and tried to tell her that, -if I am not mistaken because my knowledge about the graph is somewhat limited to what she just taught earlier-, the point on her graph is wrong.

AS USUAL, she looked at us like we are EXTRA dumb and explain what we already understand to us. So we started EXPLAINing back to her why we think her point is wrong. It ended up in some kind of “duck talking to chicken” discussion, and the discussion ended by us surrendering in frustration with a,“ yes miss, we understand.” (As usual too, it happens to me all the time when I am talking to her. Am I really that bad in economics? )

Okay, that wasn’t all. Today, I was late to her class because I was in the library with a few of my friends. Once I got in, Shin Yi waved her hands frantically and mouthed out something I couldn’t understand.

When I approached her, she said,
“ Miss xxx says, whoever haven’t done their presentation, would be given a whole NEW TOPIC to present.”
When Annjoe asked, “Why?”
She answered simply,

“They didn’t volunteer.”

WHAT?!!! You mad cow! I was dying to go out and get over it quickly. You are the one who came in, teach, prepare to leave, and said, “opps, sorry I forgot about the presentation, remind me tomoro.”

I was so angry I didn’t want to talk to her anymore.

2 Gossips:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, wat a mad and stupid lecturer. If i am u, i will be cursing her, but of course not infront of her.

Infectioner said...

he xin so scary T______T